The Foundation is a source for information on historic preservation.
Responding to Stockade Historic District recurring flooding.
Since Hurricane Irene in 2011, we have supported flood mitigation strategies, working with state and local government, the Stockade Association and individual home owners.
- Helped owners access FEMA benefits.
- Expert speaker presentation focusing on practical flood mitigation measures.
- Arranged site visits with NYS Preservation Office representatives.
- Worked with the Preservation League of NYS to designate the Stockade as one of their “Seven to Save” in 2018, drawing attention to the problem of recurring flooding in the Stockade Historic District.
- Worked with the City of Schenectady to develop their Flood Mitigation Design Guidelines.
- Historic preservation programs
- Site visits
- Expert consulting referrals
- Networking information
- Tax benefit programs